The home learning pages are dedicated to supporting learning at home. There is one page per year group. Simply click on the required year group and look through the suggested learning activities, website and ideas from the class teachers.
The pages will be updated regularly so keep checking for new ideas and if you have ideas to add please email to email@example.com for the attention of Mrs Williams and we will add to the website.
The activities and support will be a range of ideas from outdoor learning, using maths in every day life, website, recommended books, writing opportunities and anything else we can think of that may help you continue learning with your child/ren at home. There will be a mixture of indoor and outdoor learning, independent and collaborative learning.
- Home Learning letter 1 (Friday 20th March)
- Websites to support learning (Monday 23rd March), these are broken down into key stages and subjects and kindly shared by Priestley School in Calne - Thank you
* Encourage children to ask questions and develop curiosity - you don't need any resources for this just time to talk, investigate and explore
* Short bursts of learning are the most effective - try not to sit for hours completing lots of activities
* Bought workbooks are not necessary; quality learning can happen without them
* Not all learning is through screen time - encourage breaks and days away from the screen
* Exercise is important - if you are able to spend time in the garden playing
* Make learning fun and incorporate it into your everyday life; cooking, reading, singing and most importantly encouraging conversations
* When the weather is lovely take advantage and take learning outside, when it is so lovely put the wellies and coat on and still go outside
* Continue to drink lots of water and make good food choices - it is easy to not follow this when you are out of a school routine
Keep an eye on our twitter page @SouthfieldJuni1 as we will be retweeting ideas from there as well.