PUPIL Premium INFORMATION
What is Pupil Premium?
It is the additional funding schools receive for any child in the categories below:
- Those eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) at any point in the past six years
- Those who have been adopted, or have a special guardianship, residence or child arrangements order in place
- Those recorded as a service child or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence
Apply for Free School Meals
Parents/carers can register for free school meals by completing a short online form using the web address: www.swindon.gov.uk/schoolmeals Scroll down to the 'Children from Year 3' section and click the orange 'Apply for free school meals' button.
OR Visit the school office for support about how to do this.
Who can claim Free School Meals?
Families who are in receipt of one or more of the following are entitled to free school meals and by registering, unlock vital funding that the school can use to support their child:
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your household annual income is less than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (provided your household annual income is less than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Southfield’s Pupil Premium Strategy and Review
Mrs O'Sullivan and Mrs White lead our PPG strategy in school, however, we are all champions of PPG at Southfield.
Please click on the link above to read our 3 year PPG strategy (2021-2024) for the academic year 2022-2023.
Please click this link to read our 3 year PPG strategy for 2021-2024. This also includes a evaluation of 2020 - 2021.
Please click this link to read our PPG strategic plan for 2020-2021 and evaluation for 2019 - 2020.
How is the PPG allocated at Southfield?