P.E and Sports Premium
Vision and Strategy
Please click this link to read about our vision for PE at Southfield
Please click this link to read the impact of our Sports Premium for 2021-2022.
Please click this link to read the impact of our Sports Premium for 2020-2021.
Please click this link to read the impact of our Sports Premium for 2019-2020.
Schools receive P.E. and sport premium funding based on the number of children they have on roll.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that they already offer
- Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, schools can use funding to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach P.E. and sport more effectively
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- Run sport competitions
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools