Vision and Values
Southfield Junior and Eastrop Infant Schools work in partnership and we make the best use of our resources, human and physical, so that the children receive an excellent and seamless education throughout their primary years. Together, Southfield and Eastrop share a vision, set by our Governing Bodies in March 2018.
We will achieve this by:
Our partnership will be recognised locally and nationally as a beacon of educational excellence.
From tiny acorns great oaks grow!
- Enabling families to access outstanding provision with seamless transition from one stage to the next
- Nurturing children so that they are confident and independent
- Delivering, with consistency, an engaging curriculum through exemplary teaching
- Supporting children and adults to be aspirational, lifelong learners
- Encouraging our school community to enjoy our safe and sustainable environment
- Engaging with communities through collaborative, inclusive and outward-facing relationships
- Sharing successes and helping each other to realise that learning has no limits
A school’s values are so much more than words on a wall. They are the distilled essence of the school’s philosophy and, as such, we at Southfield Junior School believe that it is vital that they come from the children. As the majority of our children start at Eastrop, we decided to adopt the same values so that they can be explored even further when then children are in Key Stage Two. Here are the values and characters the children agreed and designed:
We can be kind to others because it is important to have friends. Friends will make you happy and they can comfort you.
We can notice all school equipment around us and look after it properly. We can help ourselves and others to be safe. We can notice if someone hasn’t got a friend. We can be aware of how others might be feeling.
We can help and encourage others to become more confident.
We can keep on practising and not stop and give up if we don’t find it easy.
We can show respect to others by setting a good example. There should be respect between children and adults towards each other. We are all different and might believe in different things. We should respect our bodies and try to be healthy. We should respect our property and take care of school property.
We can always try our very best to be good at everything we do. We know that not everyone is good at everything. We can help each other to be excellent.